The chicken lollipop is among the most popular chicken wing starters from Indo-Chinese cuisine among the crunchy, finger-licking chicken appetizers. It is a recipe for drums and wingettes coated in crispy batter and fried in hot oil. These fried chicken wings have a wonderfully crispy coating and a juicy, delicious flavor. Your cravings will become frequent when served with schezwan sauce, a spicy Chinese sauce, or sweet chili garlic dip.
Did you know that the phrase “chicken lollipop” describes how chicken wings look after being trimmed? Yes, a technique called “frenching” is used to partially slice the chicken wing’s meat off the bone and press it down to give it a lollipop-like appearance. Get to know how to make sweet and sour chicken lollipops that are an all-time favorite for people of all ages with chicken sauces manufactured by High on Chicken!
Ingredients (For serving 4)
- Six whole chicken wings
- For frying, 2 cups (500 mL) oil
- Two tablespoons of red pepper flakes
- Ginger-garlic paste, two tablespoons
- One peppercorn
- A pinch of salt
- Two teaspoons of soy sauce
- Chicken Sauces manufactured by High on Chicken
- 1/2 cup of flour (60 g)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (60 g)
- One tablespoon of hot sauce
- One egg
- 1/4 cup of water (60 mL)
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients thoroughly. Set the bowl aside.
- Along the joints, divide a large chicken wing into three pieces. Throw away the wingtip (or save them for making chicken stock).
- Make an incision around the thin end of the drummer (the upper, meaty, one-bone portion of the wing) to separate the bone from the meat. Then press the meat down until the drummer resembles a lollypop.
- Cut along the circumferences of both ends and the joint where the two bones meet,
- Separate the bone from the meat in the winglet
- Pull off the thinner bone, then press some flesh into one end.
- Add the marinade to the prepared chicken lollipops. For at least an hour, marinate in the refrigerator.
- Stir while covering.
- All components should be thoroughly combined to prevent lumps.
- Chicken lollipops should be dipped into the batter at the meat end.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan to 170 °C (340 °F). Enjoy the chicken after deep frying it for 5 minutes or until the batter turns golden brown and it is thoroughly done.
- Use High on Chicken sauces if you are unwilling to make the sauce at home. You may always use High on the Chicken sauce if you want to skip the sauce’s ingredients because High on Chicken sauces provide chicken sauces with the same homemade flavor and feel. So, omitting the sauce preparation step can occasionally be acceptable to cut cooking time with High on Chicken!
Additionally, you can alter your preferred Indo-Chinese treat into one of these four variations:
- For a healthier option, air fry or bake your chicken lollipops rather than deep fry them.
- Before cooking, cover the chicken with panko breadcrumbs for an extra-crispy chicken lollipop. Use chicken sauces manufactured by High o Chicken if you do not want to make your chicken lollipops soggy!
- Cover the chicken lollipops with a dry spice and smoke them for jaw-dropping appetizers. You’ll get a nice smokey flavor from this.
- Add Indian tandoori masala to the chicken lollipops before grilling them. interior and a lovely sear.
In the end,
These fried chicken wings have a wonderfully crispy surface and a juicy, delicious interior. Your cravings for it will become frequent when it is served with schezwan sauce, a spicy Chinese sauce, chicken sauces, or sweet chili garlic dip manufactured by High on Chicken!